Why? Because more than 80 million Americans suffer from varicose or spider veins and don’t want to expose their legs. Vein specialist Greg Martin, MD, says more than just being unsightly, varicose and spider veins can be a real health problem that shouldn’t just be covered up.
In his new book, Say Goodbye to Varicose & Spider Veins Now!, Dr. Martin highlights six key reasons not to ignore unsightly legs problems:
- Varicose and venous insufficiency problems increase the long-term risks of blood clots, phlebitis, and pulmonary embolisms. These can be life-threatening concerns.
- Varicose and spider veins can cause substantial pain, swelling, and other significant discomfort.
- Leg vein problems can severely hamper your lifestyle and even cause people to miss time at work. It’s estimated that this health problem is responsible for more than 4.6 million lost work days each year in the U.S. alone.
- Vein disease can develop into wounds, especially in the lower legs, that can be extremely debilitating and stubborn to treat.
- Vein disease can cause rashes, discoloring of skin, and severe scarring of skin and soft tissue.
- Unsightly vein disease can seriously damage self-esteem and impair quality of life.
Happily, there are solutions to these problems. In his book, Dr. Martin introduces revolutionary new medical techniques that allow sufferers to quickly, conveniently, economically, and permanently say goodbye to these painful and unsightly health problems. These include foam sclerotherapy, endovenous laser ablation, endovenous radiofrequency ablation, and other techniques.
As one of the more experienced vein specialists in the world — since 1986 he has performed more than 6,000 varicose vein procedures and tens of thousands of spider vein procedures — Dr. Martin clearly explains the risk factors and symptoms associated with leg-vein disease, suggests some preventive measures you can take on your own, and outlines the advantages of some of the latest treatment procedures.
Written for the non-medical readers of both genders and all races in an engaging, understandable style, Say Goodbye to Varicose & Spider Veins Now! will also appeal to general practitioners and other medical professionals who want to make more accurate referrals.
There is no better time to get the conversation started on varicose and spider veins and their treatment.
Seven Warning Signs People Should Pay Attention To
1. The visible presence of varicose veins or spider veins
2. Leg pain or discomfort
3. Swollen legs or ankles
4. Tired or heavy legs
5. Discoloration and scarring of skin on legs
6. Open sores or ulcers on the lower legs or ankles
7. Restlessness or cramps in the legs, especially at night
More information can be found in Say Goodbye to Varicose & Spider Veins Now! by Greg Martin, MD (gregmartinmd.com).