Due to the legalization of CBD across various states and countries, more and more people purchase CBD oil to make the most of its potential health benefits. However, whether you’re a first-time user of the supplement or you’ve bought one before, you have to take note that not all of them are made equal.
Even if most brands claim to offer the best quality or premium CBD oil, some take shortcuts to produce quality CBD oil. For this reason, you have to be aware of the products that are poorly made and dangerous if curing chemicals or pesticides aren’t filtered out during the process of CBD extraction.
So, how do you know if you’re using quality-made CBD oil? Well, below are some of the ways that can help you assess the quality of the available CBD oil in the market:
1. Check the Product Labels Often
When you’re looking for any type of product, spend more time checking the product label. The same applies when you’re buying good-quality CBD oil.
There’s a reason that product labels exist, and that’s to inform consumers about the product’s ingredients, directions, dosage, and so on. By checking the product label, you can guarantee that you’ll be able to spot quality-made CBD oil products.
Below are some of the things you can double-check on the product label before you use CBD oil:
- Read The List of Ingredients – It helps you determine the ingredients used for manufacturing CBD oil products. The best CBD oil must be free from any harmful chemicals and ingredients.
- Check If the Product Contains Less Than 0.3% THC – Typically, THC-free CBD products don’t mean that they contain zero THC at all. It may mean that such products contain no more than 0.3% of the chemical. If you’ve seen CBD oil products that don’t indicate the THC levels, you might want to find another one that provides complete information about how much THC it contains.
- Opt For CBD Isolate If You’re Searching for the Purest Form – If you prefer the purest kind of CBD oil, you should opt for CBD isolates because they’ve gone through several filtering processes and are free of any contaminants.
- Select Full-Spectrum CBD Oil to Ensure Effectiveness – Such types of CBD products contain extra chemicals and molecules from the cannabis plants. For this reason, CBD is more effective.
2. Check the Lab Results
Due to the popularity of CBD oil products, you’ll always see them with lab results. However, if you’ve encountered a CBD oil product that isn’t lab-tested, you can be sure that it’s low quality and just a waste of time and money.
But you have to keep in mind that lab tests may vary when it comes to reliability and accuracy. This is because several companies offer lab tests from their own laboratories. In this case, trust the brands that provide lab test results from third-party laboratories.
Other than that, there are also variations in terms of the information that lab reports provide. A thorough lab test includes information on the concentration of every cannabinoid found in the product. It also provides details regarding the presence of contaminants, like mycotoxins and heavy metals.
A good lab report must also provide details on the number of terpenes in the CBD products. Even if they’re found in some plants, terpenes offer benefits in cannabis plants. So, knowing the terpenes in CBD oil products will tell you more about their effectiveness.
3. Know the Place of Cultivation
Another way to assess the quality of CBD oil products is to know the place of cultivation of cannabis plants. Even if cannabis plants can grow anywhere, the quality of CBD oil products may depend on where the plants are cultivated.
For example, in the US, states including Colorado, Kentucky, and Oregon are the best places that cultivate high-quality CBD. Generally, it’s not wise to get CBD oil products that contain cannabis plants grown in a land rich in heavy metals because they absorb harmful elements, which can be dangerous when consumed.
4. Know the Extraction Method
There are several methods of extracting CBD oil in the CBD industry, and the safest and purest form is using carbon dioxide (CO2) or ethanol extraction process. In this method, CO2 under high pressure is used in cold environments.
The CO2 extraction method can often be complex as it ensures the purity of cannabidiol being extracted from the plants without including harmful chemicals. Therefore, if you want to get the best value for buying CBD oil, determine the extraction method used for your preferred CBD oil products to ensure quality.
Finding quality CBD oil can be challenging in a market that’s flooded with brands claiming to be the best and premium. Such claims mean nothing since there aren’t any regulations like the term ‘organic’ on the product’s packaging. Only the product labels, lab results, and reputation of the company will tell the truth about CBD oil quality.