While just over 50% of American consumers plan to celebrate Valentine’s Day, only 20% of adults aged 50 and older plan to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Among those surveyed, 63% say the preferred and most meaningful way to celebrate is by simply spending time with loved ones and friends.
The team of caregiving experts at GrandPad created a list of ways to make a senior loved one’s Valentine’s Day extra special this year.
6 creative ways to celebrate ageless love on Valentine’s Day
- Write a poem or haiku. You don’t have to be a poet laureate to express yourself with words. Let your creativity flow with an “aww-inspiring” poem or a haiku that will make your loved one smile or laugh.
- Send a video message. Use the GrandPad Companion App or other mobile device to send a video message that expresses your gratitude for the love and support your elderly loved one has shown over the years, or simply say “I love you.”
- Share a photo. A picture is worth a thousand words, and sharing an old wedding photo can be a good way to reminisce with a parent or grandparent. You can also celebrate familial love by sharing a favorite family photo on the GrandPad family photo stream, or via text or email.
- Share a virtual Valentine’s Day meal. Give the seniors in your life what they want: family time. If COVID or miles are keeping you apart, plan a virtual Valentine’s Day meal with your aging loved one. If dinner doesn’t work with your schedule, a virtual coffee or dessert will also make their day.
- Prepare a Valentine’s Day playlist. Music has proven to be a powerful weapon against dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other forms of cognitive impairment. It also plays a role in positive mental wellbeing for seniors. Use the GrandPad to create a special playlist for your loved one, featuring songs from their favorite genre or songs that have special meaning for your family.
- Share knowledge. Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be all about hearts and flowers. Use the GrandPad or other connected device to share articles and discuss the historical significance of St. Valentine’s Day.
More information about the GrandPad:
- GrandPad is a specially designed 4G LTE tablet for people over the age of 75, catering to their needs and interests. The innovative device is safe, simple, and secure, making connecting with loved ones enjoyable and stress-free for seniors.
- GrandPad is a top choice for human interest stories, tech reviews, lifestyle blogs, holiday gift guides, and has been featured in publications such as the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and AARP.
- GrandPad comes preloaded with every feature senior citizens need to stay connected to their loved ones without the complicated and distracting features found on other tablets.
- 1.3 million people in over 120 countries use GrandPad to stay connected, including seniors, family members, friends, and caregivers.