Did you know around 30% of people with vaginas suffer from bacterial vaginosis and 75% of them will experience at least one yeast infection in their lives, with recurrence rates ranging from 40%-50%? Vaginal wellness is important for everyone. No one wants to experience discomfort or see a loved one in pain. However, that doesn’t mean you have to turn to ineffective and outdated products.
Sexual wellness and vulvovaginal care now have a new BFF that gets it. Momotaro Apotheca offers amazing, plant-based products that address the very common issues people with vaginas experience. Let’s face it. Bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections, irritation after sex, exercising, or wearing specific clothing can interfere with our daily lives and well-being.
The brand is on a mission to inform consumers about natural choices for vulvovaginal care through certified organic products, educational campaigns, and philanthropic causes they champion. By being transparent and inclusive, this LGBTQ+ queer-owned brand is easing many people’s discomfort when discussing their sexual health regardless of gender or sexual orientation.
Founders Lindsay Wynn (she/her) and Taylor Samuelsen (he/him) reframe how everyone thinks about vaginal wellness. When Lindsay couldn’t find a safe, over-the-counter product for her yeast infection that wasn’t filled with harmful chemicals or offensive language, she created her own line out of her kitchen, eventually turning that into Momotaro Apotheca.
The brand is at the forefront of intentionally crafted certified organic products, with healing ingredients such as Oregon Grape, Chamomile, Tea Tree, Jojoba, Goldenseal, and Calendula. These proactive, plant-based products target common vaginal infections as well as dry skin, pelvic pain, gut health, and stress.
Check out these best-sellers for sexual and vaginal health for all people, shapes, sizes, colors, and genders.
- A soothing and cooling balm that melts into skin to instantly address vulvovaginal dryness, itching, and irritation. Symptoms from BV, Yeast Infection, and discomfort irritation from sex, clothing, and exercise.
- Coconut and jojoba help protect your skin’s natural moisture barrier to protect you from everyday stressors and general irritation from sex, clothing or exercise.
- Natural anti-inflammatories Goldenseal, Echinacea, and Calendula help comfort symptoms associated with yeast and bacterial infections.
- When used regularly, this natural vitamin and antioxidant-rich topical safely works with your body to help balance pH.
- It supports the body’s natural ability to heal itself without disrupting hormones, pheromones, or medication.
- Price: $35
- Relax and rejuvenate with this soothing Jojoba Oil-based bath tonic and spot treatment naturally rich in vitamins that help soften, nourish, and restore sensitive skin.
- Infused with ingredients like Cedarwood and Oregon Grape, this signature Tonic can be used as support for symptoms from BV, yeast infection and discomfort such as irritation from sex, exercise clothing
- Draw a hot bath for a body-balancing soak to naturally soothe discomfort and help prevent future irritation or infection.
- Apply it post-wax or shave to avoid razor burn and soothe ingrown hairs.
- Price: $44
- The all-natural formula is steam distilled and made from a gentle combination of aromatic botanicals to help address discomfort associated with yeast and bacterial infections, UTIs, pH imbalance, and more.
- This water-soluble toning spray is perfect for a quick and cooling spritz post period, shower, sweat or sex.
- Spray Hydrosol everywhere – on your body, clothes and yoga mats for a full-body regimen.
- More hydrated, refreshed skin is just a few pumps away!
- Price: $52
- A daily probiotic formulated to protect, promote, and maintain a healthy gut, immune system, and vaginal microbiome.
- Vogue chose this probiotic as a top product for people with vaginas
- This probiotic works in tandem with the brand’s topical products by targeting the underlying cause(s) of vulvovaginal and digestive discomfort rather than temporarily relieving symptoms.
- This clinically proven probiotic blend delivers 25 billion active cultures and 10 strains of beneficial bacteria that help restore balance in the vaginal microbiome while regulating digestion and supporting gut-immune health.
- Price: $28
Giving Back: Philanthropic partnerships include supporting 1% for the Planet, We Got Next, Leaping Bunny, FSC, SWOP, and Cupcake Girls, among others.
For more information, visit https://momotaroapotheca.com.
About Momotaro Apotheca:
Momotaro Apotheca is a proactive vulvovaginal line designed to address common yet uncomfortable vulvovaginal issues such as itching, infection, or general irritation. Certified organic plant-based ingredients safely support the body’s natural ability to self-regulate and help it heal itself without interfering with hormones, pH levels, or pheromones. The brand provides gentler, more effective products that address the physical and psychological issues associated with vulvovaginal health. Follow them on Instagram @lovemomotaro.