Too often, car owners don’t know how to fix and maintain their vehicles. To keep your car, jeep, or truck in tip-top shape, you need to know how to fix small issues and perform regular maintenance. There are also a few tools you should keep in your jeep or vehicle at all times to help you repair it. During a long drive or road trip, you may face issues, such as flat tires. So, it’s vital to figure out how to fix these problems. Here are a few of the easy repairs that all car owners should learn.
Change a Flat Tire
One of the easy repairs that all car owners should learn is changing a flat tire. Rocks, nails, glass, and other debris can easily flatten a tire, and you’ll need to change it before you can go back on the road. Below are the basic steps you need to take to change a flat tire.
- Remove the hubcap if necessary, then use a wrench to remove the lug nuts.
- Use a jack stand to lift the vehicle gently off the ground.
- Remove the lug nuts and tire.
- Place the spare tire on the vehicle.
- Reattach the lug nuts with the spare tire and ensure that they’re tight.
- Lower the car from the jack stand.
Change the Oil
Routine maintenance is essential to keep your vehicle in excellent condition, and that includes changing the oil. Changing the oil allows the vehicle to run smoothly and prolongs your engine’s lifespan. The steps below will teach you how to change the oil.
- First, remove the oil drain plug.
- Detach and empty the oil filter.
- Place the oil filter and drain plug back after draining all the oil.
- Remove the oil filler hole cap and pour in fresh oil.
Fix a Headlight or Taillight
Having a broken headlight or taillight is illegal, so you need to fix this issue as soon as possible. Luckily, it’s quite easy to repair a headlight or taillight with these simple steps.
- Remove the headlight frame screws.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Replace the faulty bulb with a new one.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Attach the headlight frame.
Now that you know how to carry out some maintenance tasks on your car, minor issues won’t become major setbacks for you. You’ll also be able to keep your vehicle in good condition for a long time.