The judgment of shifting from one city to the other is a challenging task. There are a lot of areas that need due to scrutiny before finalizing your decision. In case you have pets, it is even more problematic. However, some simple steps can support you and your pet to enjoy the relocation cycle. You must keep in mind the pet requirements and avoid any unpleasant circumstances later. Also, make a note of the fact that different countries offer different pet import requirements. As a pet owner, it is your responsibility to look at the destination country’s import requirements.
What should you know while planning your relocation?
• Evaluate import requirements: pet owners must find out about the destination country’s import requirements. Visit the website of the relevant government of the country in question. Your pet may require lab tests, vaccinations like rabies and other diseases, and a veterinary health certificate before entry.
• Export license: applying for an export license via the relevant website within the stipulated time is also crucial. Also, keep in mind that the permit has validity. You may require to produce documents about vaccination within a specified period. Many individuals have faced difficulty in the pet export owing to the absence of supporting documents. Keep all your records in place before the departure. There are two types of licenses: commercial permits for export or import of birds, animals, etc. You must understand that the procedure is appropriate to ensure that you do not face trouble while traveling.
• Health certification: there are different procedures for applying for health certification for the pet. Get to know about each of them in detail before starting your process of exporting pets from Singapore. The method of getting a health certificate is not a simple task. You may have to get in touch with the relevant authority to streamline the process. Also, the procedure might take a few days. The pet may have to undergo tests to obtain the certificate. In many cases, the destination country requires a certificate by government officials.
• Pre-export inspection: in many countries, pre-export assessment is essential, and you can do it by using the online platform. For this, you may have to fix an appointment at least a few days before your departure. The pre-export inspection ensures the authority that you meet all their conditions. Keep in mind that the review gets administered during operating hours.
• Arranging for ground handling agents: Pet owners need to assign an airline that provides for pre-export arrangements with ground handling agents before the departure. They will take care of all the documentation and import and export conditions.
The necessary documents, licenses, and health certificates are essential for making the export process hassle-free. Different rules and regulations govern pet export in each country. Making a note of the unique requirements is critical before your departure. Make every possible move to make your switch easy. If you do not pre-plan the trip according to your pet’s needs, things might become messy later.