Being diagnosed with cancer is one of the most distressing news for you and your loved one. What can get worse is cancer misdiagnosis? You should note that if treated in the early stages, people who have cancer can be cured. However, in some cases, patients who have cancer are misdiagnosed by a doctor that results in permanent injury or death.
What constitutes cancer misdiagnosis?
Doctors might suspect cancer via routine physical tests of a patient. However, the doctor must inform you in case signs of cancer are detected. If the doctor overlooks the symptoms of cancer and does not provide you with the correct treatment, the above becomes a legal case for cancer misdiagnosis and malpractice on the part of the doctor. You as a patient are legally entitled to file a legal suit on the above grounds and claim for damages and compensation. The following constitute cancer misdiagnosis-
- Failure on the part of your doctor to perform a complete and thorough physical examination
- Failure on the part of the doctor to take your detailed medical history carefully
- Failure to communicate and follow-up with the patient on the subject of cancer
- Failure to identify the warning signs of cancer
- Failure to offer or recommend cancer screening examinations and tests
- Failure to recommend medical examinations due to financial constraints
- Improper interpretation or performance of radiology examinations or tests
- Failure to refer to other cancer specialists
- Communication failure between medical facilities and doctors
Get legal aid and consultation
New York City cancer misdiagnosis injury lawyer ASK4SAMexperts are esteemed in the nation when it comes to cancer misdiagnosis cases. They suggest that if you or a loved one are a victim of cancer misdiagnosis, immediately consult legal experts in the field to know your rights for damages and compensations. Never delay with the case and allow professionals to manage all the legal procedures for you.
The following are the types of cancer that respond to early treatment if diagnosed correctly-
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Skin Cancer and Melanoma
- Prostate Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Renal or Kidney Cancer
- Cervical, Uterine or Ovarian Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
The above cancers respond well to treatment if detected early. In fact, for most people, this is the key to their survival. If the treatment of cancer is delayed, the chances of death and permanent injury are high as the treatment options are very aggressive and patients most of the time are unable to take large doses of chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells in the body. It is here that you should take note of cancer diagnosis and ensure that you or a loved one are treated correctly.
It is important to consult lawyers if you are a victim of negligent doctors that delay treatment or misdiagnose your case. Legal firms are here to help you so that you get the justice you deserve and bring the offenders to book with success!