Pittsburgh is a dynamic and beautiful city filled with attractions and sites that will mesmerize every traveler. Pittsburgh is the home of more than 30 museums and 446 bridges.
Pittsburgh is a fantastic weekend destination that will offer you excellent restaurants, scenic parks, famous museums, free attractions, the vibrant performance of art etc. According to https://www.huffpost.com, Pittsburgh is a friendly and implausible place with secluded hollows and Pennsylvania hills.
On your visit to Pittsburgh make sure you are checking out the Pittsburgh attractions listed below.
- Cathedral of Learning: Cathedral of Learning is the centerpiece of Pittsburgh University’s main campus. There are 764 steps, and it is a 42 storey building. One can also grab some food from the food court while exploring the interior.
- Pittsburgh Zoo: The aquarium and the Pittsburgh zoo is the house of near about 4000 animals of 500 different types of endangered species. The zoo is located in Highland Park.
- Old Church Bar: In 1996 Church Brew Works was established, and it is one of the most popular brewpubs. One can visit this place to have some beer and admire the incredible architecture of this place.
- Duquesne Incline: Pittsburgh offers this railway to the businesses and residents of Mount Washington and downtown Pittsburgh. The upper station offers beautiful scenic view and there is also a small museum.
- Phipps Conservatory: In 1893, Henry Phipps donated this beautiful botanical garden. This place has different things to offer to its visitors. Centering the central building, you will find several outdoor gardens that include delicate plants, bonsai and orchids. This place also has tropical forest conservatory to provide sustainability to the environment.
- Market Square: Market Square is where people visit for shopping and to enjoy different types of events. You can also see pop up events, art installations etc.
- Kennywood Amusement Park: Kennywood is one of the most popular and the oldest amusement parks established in 1899. When you visit this place, make sure you are trying the roller coaster ride. Here you can get six different roller coasters which offer different rides. It is now working on building the colossal roller coaster of the state, which is the Steel Curtain.
- Mt Washington: It is the observation tower that offers the magnificent view of three rivers along with the communities which surround the Point Park. One can also try the incline cars at a minimal fee.
- Strip District: Strip District is located on the North-East corner of Allegheny River. It is a famous tourist attraction, and the place is crowded throughout the day. One can visit this place for different types of activities like dining, art, or shopping.
You can wander from one boutique to another and enjoy a great meal here. Saturday is the best time to visit this place.
If you want to enjoy the best sights and experience the best activities of Pittsburgh, then it will take at least two days. For thorough exploration, you need to stay for a week. Pittsburgh is very famous for their sports franchises.