Older adults and senior citizens often face problems with their mobility as they age. Many have had fibromyalgia, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, acute arthritis, and other ailments. All these ailments in its severe condition cause mobility issues sometime sooner or later. It is here that senior citizens and older adults need to make use of disability devices.
Reasons to invest in an electric wheelchair
You need to carefully choose the disability devices for your elders and the senior citizens. The electric wheelchair is one of the best assistive devices for seniors. Today, reputed service providers offer the best value for these wheelchairs and a guiding manual as well. The leading-edge wheelchairs provide complete independence to the user. They can go out and move about freely in their house. It is durable and also provides extra battery packs. The wheelchairs are reasonably priced.
A few other benefits of using the advanced and electric wheelchairs are:
- It weighs close to 50 pounds, gets folded in seconds, and is easy to use by any senior citizen.
- The chair can accommodate a user with about 260 pounds of weight. Hence, if the user has a heavy-build, there’s no issue with the daily usage.
- The best electric wheelchairs can travel as much as 15 miles and makes use of the lithium-ion battery, which lasts longer than other options.
- It’s easy to remove the seat cover and seat for cleaning and other purposes.
- It is more compact in comparison to the conventional wheelchairs and is user-friendly.
- The electric wheelchair gets designed with advanced electronic motor technology and a compelling design that supports a dual-wheel brushless engine.
- The electric power and convenience don’t cost more and hurt your savings.
- The users can easily monitor the wheelchair control stick to the right and left.
- The maintenance is minimal, and it’s easy to get serviced from the concerned service provider or service center.
- The advanced electric wheelchairs provide more stability.
You must purchase a wheelchair from a reputed service provider. You probably need to browse, research about multiple service providers, and compare the products, features, warranty, and price. That way, you can join hands with a service provider that guarantees wheelchair part replacement without any hassle.
The two other options
The two other disability mobility devices that you can count on include:
- Folding wheelchair
It is a portable and durable option. Here users can add a suitcase or an essential bag while traveling to the office or any other place. It helps to maintain the correct stability while moving. With this, the senior citizens can run around outside the house.
- Lightweight wheelchairs
The advantage that various other motorized wheelchairs provide is it’s lightweight. It is easy to manage by the senior citizens, for whom a bulky and heavyweight wheelchair might become complicated to move around.
These are the three best options that are available in the market. It is essential to assess the user’s need and the ability to maneuver the electric wheelchair. If someone finds it difficult to manage a heavyweight wheelchair, a lightweight electric wheelchair with less electronic movement options might be beneficial. The vendors can also guide you according to your need.