The Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is a type of hormone that naturally occurs in the human body. This hormone is produced by the pituitary gland and this is very essential for growth, cell regeneration, and cell reproduction. When the body lacks human growth hormones, this is when a person undergoes HGH therapy, especially for men.
The human growth hormone helps in the maintenance, build, and repair of healthy tissues in the brain and other organs in the human body. This hormone is responsible for helping speed up the healing process after an injury. HGH also helps in the repair of muscle tissue after exercise as this helps to build muscle mass, boost metabolism and fat burning.
The human growth hormone is also a factor that helps improve the quality and appearance of our skin. HGH helps in slowing down the aging process and this also helps in the treatment of age-related diseases.
Even though HGH is naturally being produced by our body, this hormone is also available in synthetic forms as a treatment or supplement.
A healthy adult male usually has less than 5 nanograms per millimeter of HGH that circulates in the blood. For healthy adult females, the amount of HGH being produced can be doubled in order to meet the requirement for child-bearing. The levels of HGH for both sexes reach their peak during puberty and then this is going to drop sharply when a person starts to reach the age of early 20s.
If you are unsure about your growth hormone levels, you should ask your doctor to perform a GH test, so that you will know as to whether or not you are going to need to undergo HGH therapy.
Consider Getting HGH Therapy
If a person is suffering from a deficiency in growth hormones – both for children and adults, the most recommended treatment is an HGH therapy, wherein growth hormones are going to be injected into the body.
This growth hormone, which is known as somatotropin is a substance that can be injected by the patient or a member of the family, supposing if a child is suffering from growth hormone deficiency.
- When the doctor is going to prescribe that you should undergo HGH therapy, then you will be required to take the necessary daily dose of growth hormone. This is going to depend on how severe the condition is, as the person may need more amount of growth hormone injections more often.
- If a person undergoes HGH therapy, such a person may be required to see a doctor every 4 to 8 weeks throughout the treatment session in order for the doctor to monitor the condition. The doctor will then perform tests on the progress including blood tests in helping to determine whether there is still a need to inject more growth hormones.
When undergoing HGH therapy the doctor is also going to periodically monitor the cholesterol levels, the blood glucose levels, and the bone density while you are being injected with growth hormone in order to ensure that they are at healthy levels.
HGH therapy is important because if the growth hormone deficiency is left untreated, then this can result in high cholesterol and osteoporosis.
What HGH Therapy Can Do For You
The human growth hormone can help keep a person on track. And with the help of HGH therapy, this can potentially provide the following benefits:
- Improved sex drive and performance
- Enhanced strength and vitality
- Better metabolism
- Healthier and younger-looking skin
- Mood improvement
- Memory and overall brain function is enhanced
- Health and sense of wellness is invigorated
Is It Safe to do HGH Therapy?
Generally, growth hormone injections are safe and effective. However, there are still a few side effects when a person undergoes this therapy. But, you need not worry as serious side effects rarely occur. The most common side effects with a growth hormone injections are swelling, numbness, and joint and muscle aches and pains.
These side effects are usually experienced if you are being injected with growth hormone that is more than what is required. So, if you are experiencing these symptoms, then you should immediately refer this to your doctor. The doctor will then adjust the amount of the growth hormone that you are to take, and once the correct dose is being administered, these symptoms should disappear on their own.
Alternative Treatments for Growth Hormone Deficiency
Aside from the required HGH therapy, you may also be required to take other types of treatments in order to boost your growth hormone deficiency.
For a child, being too short might affect his or her self-esteem as his or her classmates may tease the child for being too short at a certain age. So, assessing the mental and emotional state of the child, the doctor may require mental and emotional therapy as an essential part of the treatment.
Other important parts that the doctor may require you are things like getting enough sleep, eating a balanced diet, and exercising regularly in order to maximize the overall growth hormone deficiency treatment plan.
Possible Side effects of HGH
The possible side effects if a person is receiving HGH injections more than what the body needs may include the following:
- It may lead to carpal tunnel syndrome
- It may cause nerve, muscle, or joint pain
- It causes swelling of the arms and the legs because of fluid retention otherwise known as edema
- It may lead to higher cholesterol levels
- It may cause a numb and tingling skin
- It may lead to an increased risk of heart disease and diabetes
- It may lead to the growth of cancerous tumors
- It may lead to the growth of facial features, the hands, and the feet otherwise known as acromegaly
- It may lead to an enlarged heart
- It may cause lower blood sugar
- It may lead to liver damage
- It may cause fatigue
- It may cause breast enlargement in men otherwise known as gynecomastia
The amount of HGH that is to be injected into the body should be used with care and consideration. That is why it is crucial that you only use HGH if there is a doctor’s prescription allowing you to do so. Then, you will have to check in regularly with your doctor while you are taking the growth hormones.